As the ripples of COVID-19 restrictions continue to be felt in our community, Uniting’s Emergency Assistance pantries are experiencing higher demand. Now that we no longer gather each Sunday in person, the number of food donations to Uniting from St. Luke’s is dropping.
But! You can still help!
The church office is open between 10am and 12 noon on Tuesdays and Fridays to receive donations in our trolley – these are take to Uniting by Jean Daw who is a regular volunteer there.
Jean has advised that the following items are currently needed:
- Tinned Peas and Carrots
- Laundry liquid or powder
- Cooking oil – 500ml sized bottle
The regular list of items for you to add to your shopping includes:
- Pasta, rice and noodles
- Flour, polenta and couscous
- Tinned tomatoes, pasta sauces
- Beans, chickpeas and lentils
- Tinned tuna, salmon and ham
- Soups, curries and vegetables
- Baby food, nappies and formula
- Spreads – e.g. jam, Vegemite
- Long life milk and cheese
- Tea, coffee, Milo and sugar
- Stir fry sauces and soy sauce
- Coconut milk and coconut cream
- Breakfast cereal and muesli bars
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Shampoo, conditioner and soap
Please remember to:
- Give undamaged, packaged items
- Check the expiry date
- Make sure food is sealed
- Make sure the label is visible
- Get friends and family involved
- Share on social media
- Check drop off locations
Your donation of a few items from your weekly shopping makes a huge impact on our ability to help people in need – thanks for your support!